Board of Supervisors
Lorie Smith, Gills Creek Supervisor for the Franklin County Board of Supervisors will host a Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, December 9 at 6:00 P.M. Supervisor Smith would like to take this opportunity to update her constituents on County matters and answer questions.
This meeting will take place at the Westlake Library located at 84 Westlake Road, Hardy, VA 24101.
If you are interested in attending please register here.
- 1:30 pm
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Franklin County Government Center
1255 Franklin Street
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Franklin County Board of Supervisors is composed of one member for each of the seven magisterial districts.
From left to right: Ronald Mitchell, Lorie Smith, Ronnie Thompson, Leland Mitchell, Tim Tatum, Mike Carter and Tommy Cundiff
- Mike Carter, Rocky Mount District
- Tommy Cundiff, Union Hall District
- Leland Mitchell, Snow Creek District
- Ronald Mitchell, Blackwater District
- Lorie Smith, Gills Creek District
- Tim Tatum, Blue Ridge District, Vice-Chairman
- Ronnie Thompson, Boone District, Chairman
Our mission is to provide services and leadership in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Franklin County and to promote an outstanding quality of life. We will balance the needs and desires of the public with available resources while administering policies and ordinances in a fair and courteous manner. We will protect our community and environment, preserve our heritage, and anticipate future needs, demands, and opportunities.