Board of Supervisors
Interim Snow Creek District Supervisor
The Franklin County Board of Supervisors appointed Mrs. Janet H. Mitchell to fill the vacant Snow Creek District seat on an interim basis. A special election to fill the vacancy for the unexpired term of the seat will be held on November 8th, 2022. Mrs. Mitchell will hold the office until the person so elected has qualified. View the full press release here.
- 1:30 pm
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Franklin County Government Center
1255 Franklin Street
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Franklin County Board of Supervisors is composed of one member for each of the seven magisterial districts.
From left to right: Janet Mitchell, Tim Tatum, Tommy Cundiff, Ronnie Thompson, Lorie Smith, Mike Carter and Ronald Mitchell
- Mike Carter, Rocky Mount District
- Tommy Cundiff, Union Hall District
- Janet Mitchell, Snow Creek District
- Ronald Mitchell, Blackwater District
- Lorie Smith, Gills Creek District
- Tim Tatum, Blue Ridge District, Vice-Chairman
- Ronnie Thompson, Boone District, Chairman
Our mission is to provide services and leadership in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Franklin County and to promote an outstanding quality of life. We will balance the needs and desires of the public with available resources while administering policies and ordinances in a fair and courteous manner. We will protect our community and environment, preserve our heritage, and anticipate future needs, demands, and opportunities.