Board of Supervisors
- 1:30 p.m. with public hearings scheduled for 6 p.m.**
- 3rd Tuesday of each month**
- Board Room
Franklin County Government Center
1255 Franklin Street
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
- 2023 Adopted Meeting Dates (PDF)
** Unless otherwise advertised
Regular meetings are broadcast live and available to watch on the County's YouTube Channel.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and documents about agenda items are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Franklin County Board of Supervisors is composed of one member for each of the seven election districts.
Pictured from left to right: Tommy Cundiff, Tim Tatum, Lorie Smith, Ronnie Thompson, Mike Carter, Nick Mitchell, and Ronald Mitchell
- Mike Carter, Rocky Mount District
- Tommy Cundiff, Union Hall District
- Nick Mitchell, Snow Creek District
- Ronald Mitchell, Blackwater District
- Lorie Smith, Gills Creek District, Vice-Chair
- Tim Tatum, Blue Ridge District, Chairman
- Ronnie Thompson, Boone District
Our mission is to provide services and leadership in order to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Franklin County and to promote an outstanding quality of life. We will balance the needs and desires of the public with available resources while administering policies and ordinances in a fair and courteous manner. We will protect our community and environment, preserve our heritage, and anticipate future needs, demands, and opportunities.