NOTICE OF CHANGE OF STATUS – VIRGINIA CAREER WORKS BLUE RIDGE ROANOKE CENTER
Due to the rising COVID numbers in our region at present, out of an abundance of concern for the health and safety of our clients and staff, the Virginia Career Works Blue Ridge Roanoke Center will be CLOSED to public access until further notice. Until then, assistance will be provided by appointment via phone and/or remotely. Please follow the instructions provided below.
As of Monday, December 14, individuals wishing assistance from the Virginia Career Works Blue Ridge or Virginia Employment Commission staff in Roanoke will need to schedule an appointment online. Appointments may be made for the following reasons (note that separate appointments will be needed for each type of reason, if you have multiple needs):
- Unemployment Assistance
- Job Search Assistance
- Additional Resources (housing, food, transportation, etc.)
- Virginia Workforce Connection Assistance
- Training & Education Assistance
- Employer Services (for employers with hiring needs)
Please visit https://vcwblueridge.as.me/schedule.php to schedule an appointment. Appointments must be made for at least 24 hours in advance. Reminders will be sent as well.
AVAILABLE MONDAYS THROUGH FRIDAYS, 8AM-4:45PM:
- If you do not have computer/internet access to schedule on your own, please knock on the door, and the security guards can allow you to use a computer in our front lobby to schedule.
- If you have documents to drop off and/or pick up, the guards can help you with those needs as well.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING AS WE ALL WORK THROUGH THIS PANDEMIC CRISIS TOGETHER!